Thursday, July 25, 2013

Birthday Party Time!


    
     I have failed miserably at keeping up with my blog...lo siento (I'm sorry!). So many things have happened, so I may try and whip out a few more posts before I leave in a few short days for the States.
     Anyway, I wanted to share with you all about a wonderful event that took place last Saturday (July 20th). I had the privilege of getting to sponsor a child from an orphanage here in Santa Cruz, Talita Cumi, for a special birthday party held at the lovely home of Bill and Heidi Janecke. As a sponsor you get to buy a present and spend time loving on your particular child that day during the fiesta. This party is a highlight of the year for several of the children. A few of them had NEVER celebrated a birthday or received a present until this party. Can you imagine that? What a great joy it was to watch their faces light up, and to feel so much love being shared throughout the day. I was able to hang out with Daniela, a little bundle of sweetness, and be her sponsor for the day! I loved every minute of the party--even the chaos of the piñata!
 
Me and Daniela
Piñata time at the park!

Cynthia and Rodrigo
Juan Carlos could not be more excited about his jersey!

No comments:

Post a Comment