Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Un día sucio

     Yesterday, I decided to take a shower. This may seem like a very normal occurrence; however, because of the temperature here and the lack of heat in the water, I don't always have the gumption to shower. The showering part ended up being somewhat ironic due to the nature of the rest of the day...Well, it ended up being a very beautiful and sunny day outside, but several events took place which made it a rather "dirty day." As I posted earlier, I get to work with the babies. They are so precious. But they also come from streets/homes/with diseases that I truly know not of. It is also winter here in Bolivia (southern hemisphere). Winter means runny nose, after runny nose, after runny nose! In addition, one of the poor babies was evidently a little sick yesterday. I found this out in possibly the worst way: as I was picking the baby up, I noticed a strange "wet-ness" on my pants, next I realized that the "wet-ness" was actually poop! Yep. I got poop on my pants and my sweater. One of the many things the Lord has been teaching me so far is to serve joyfully. To serve Him and others joyfully even when I have poop on me. I won't pretend that it wasn't disgusting, but I also had to just smile. Oh, the many things the Lord uses to draw us closer to Himself. :)

p.s. I also got some chicken guts on my hands yesterday as well-just to add to the theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment