Tuesday, July 9, 2013

¡Qué ganga!

     What a deal! I have been super enjoying the cost of living here in Santa Cruz. The currency of Bolivia is called Bolivianos (or "b's" for short). There is a conversion rate of about 6.9 b's to one American dollar. By far, I have spent the most money on food (story of everyone's life, right?), but you can get quite the deal on most things here. Today I bought 5 oranges for only about 60 cents! This past weekend I traveled with two friends to a village in the mountains called Samaipata (check facebook for more pictures!). The drive took about 2.5 hours one way. I only spent about $13 for both ways traveling, and for the one night in the hostel! We ate out a lot at some adorable restaurants so with that, total costs added up to be a bit more, but no one travels for that cheap in the States! Lovin life here in Bolivia!
Fresh Oranges-yum!


A lovely day in the lovely Samaipata!

No comments:

Post a Comment