Monday, July 1, 2013

Safe Arrival

      I will forewarn you that I have been journaling daily but am just now actually beginning to blog. So if it's overwhelming, I apologize. I will also say this: I HAVE NEVER BLOGGED BEFORE, so please bear with me.
     I left the states (Chicago O'Hare to be exact) the morning of Tuesday June 25th, 2013. I was pretty nervous to fly alone. I got my ticket and through security in record time, and was thankful to have some time at my gate before take-off. The Lord so evidently went before me and reminded me often that He is sovereign and faithful. Every flight I had, I was able to have interesting experiences/conversations (I can share more with you sometime if you care to know, but I'll spare the rest of you with the details!). On my flight from Miami to La Paz, Bolivia, I got to meet a new friend named Maria. We began talking and through the course of our 3 hour (or so) conversation, I got to share the gospel with her! The Lord works in mighty and mysterious ways. You can be praying for her to truly come to know Jesus as her Lord and Savior.
Maria and me on the plane 
 
     I felt horribly sick as I sat on the plane in La Paz because the elevation is so high, but I just slept and when I awoke it was Wednesday morning and we were landing in Santa Cruz! Somehow I was one of the last ones through immigration (although, I was not the last one off the plane nor the last one in line...Oh, Bolivia) but I made it through with zero problems! I found my luggage and went out to meet Corina, the director of the place where I am living and working, and her four year old son, Keiden--my new best buddy, who were waiting for me with a Cinnabon and smiles. What a blessing! I was pretty tired from my travels, so after a lunch meeting of tons of introductions of staff/volunteers and some role playing, I unpacked and slept for several hours!

2 comments:

  1. praying for you! and Adeline misses her buddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much and I miss that sweet baby girl too!

    ReplyDelete